TF-X™ is Terrafugia’s vision for the future of personal transportation. A four-seat, plug-in hybrid electric flying car with fly-by-wire vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capabilities, TF-X™ is designed to bring personal aviation to the world. The design will make use of the high power density and reliability of modern electric motors in combination with parallel power and control system architectures to achieve a higher level of safety than modern automobiles. TF-X™ will provide true door-to-door transportation combined with the freedom of vertical takeoff and landing — creating a new dimension of personal mobility.
High in the mountains of southern Africa, 15 swimmers compete in one of the most extreme—and chilling—races on earth. With no wet suits or protection, they swim one kilometer in water that is cold enough to be fatal. For these athletes it’s not just a battle to the finish, every stroke is a battle to stay alive with the biggest fight immediately after the race.
- Canyon Lights: Christmas light displays at Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Peak of Christmas: Christmas holiday activities at Grouse Mountain
- Farmer Markets: Winter Farmer Market’s start January 7
- Robson Square Ice Skating: Free at the corner of Robson and Howe in downtown Vancouver from 9 am to 9 pm
- International Boat Show: BC Place Stadium and Granville Island Jan 18
- Chinese New Year: Celebrations on January 28
- Dine Out Vancouver Festival: Special deals at hundreds of local restaurants (January 20 to February 5)
- Hot Chocolate Festival: Special hot chocolate offerings around town (January 19 until February 14)
- Lunarfest: Free festival outdoors at the Vancouver Art Gallery Plaza at the corner of West Georgia and Hornby (February 12-14)
- BC Family Day: Special family-friendly activities at various locations on the second Monday of the month (February 13).
- Chutzpah Festival: Vancouver Jewish Performing Arts Festival (February 16 to March 13)
- Talking Stick Festival: Small festival featuring indigenous art and performances throughout the region
- International Wine Festival: Featuring over 150 wines from over a dozen different countries (February 11-19)
- Valentine’s Day: Treat your sweetheart or a loved one to something special (February 14)
- Northwest Comedy Fest: Performances taking place at various venues around town (February 16-25)
- Winterruption: Weekend of dance, theatre, music, film, art and crafts at Granville Island (February 17-19)
- BC Home and Garden Show: Trade show featuring over 400 exhibitors at BC Place Stadium (February 22-26)